Looking for something simple yet delicious to bake this weekend? Try this recipe for pandan butter cake, served with a luscious dollop of gula melaka cream.
Chef Jimmy Chok’s Pandan Butter Cake with Gula Melaka Cream
180g unsalted butter
180g caster sugar
170g self-raising flour
A pinch of salt
3 tbsp pandan extract
For the gula melaka cream
100ml gula melaka, melted
300ml double cream
1 tbsp caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Whisk butter and sugar in a stand mixer till creamy white.
- Add in eggs and flour, and continue mixing till you achieve a smooth batter.
- Add pandan extract and salt to the batter and mix well.
- Transfer batter to a lined baking tin or cake mould and bake for about 35 to 40 mins.
- While waiting for the cake to bake, prepare the gula melaka cream.
- Whisk cream and sugar in a mixing bowl till you achieve stiff peaks.
- Fold in gula melaka then let the cream mixture chill in fridge.
- Serve pandan butter cake slices on a plate with gula melaka cream on the side.
This post was created in partnership with Mayer Candy. For more information, visit their website.