Soul-satisfying comfort food that you can whip up in a cinch!
Chef Jimmy Chok’s Mac & Cheese
Serves 4 to 6
1 pkt elbow pasta
300g button mushroom, diced
200g mozzarella cheese, shredded
300g cheddar cheese, shredded
100g parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Follow package instructions and cook pasta in a pot of boiling water till al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium-size pan over low heat. Whisk in flour.
- Stir in milk and bring to a simmer. Carry on whisking till the milk thickens, then remove the pan from heat.
- Stir in the mushrooms and season to taste, then add mozzarella and cheddar, followed by the cooked pasta. Mix well.
- Pour into an oven-proof dish and sprinkle over with parmesan cheese. Bake at 180ºC for about 30 mins.
This post was created in partnership with Mayer Candy. For more information, visit their website.
This recipe was first published in Wine & Dine Cookbook Issue #2.