These deliciously nutty profiteroles are a cinch to whip up and simply quite irresistible.
Chef Jimmy Chok’s Hazelnut Profiteroles
Makes 6 to 8 profiteroles
50g unsalted butter
Pinch of salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
For the hazelnut cream,
500ml heavy cream
80g caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Place the water and butter in a pan and simmer till the butter is melted.
- Fold in flour. Place the pan over low heat and and stir until the mixture forms a ball and begins to come off the side of the pan.
- Transfer from heat and cool the dough slightly.
- Beat in the eggs gradually with a wooden spoon. (Use a standing mixer if available.) Beat until the mixture just falls from the spoon but still holds its shape. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a nozzle.
- Pipe out the profiteroles into desired size and bake for 18 mins.
- Prepare the hazelnut cream. Blend the nuts until you get a fine paste.
- Whisk the cream with sugar until soft peaks, then fold in the hazelnut paste. Cool the pastry before piping in the hazelnut cream. Enjoy!
This post was created in partnership with Mayer Marketing. For more information, visit their website.